Heron Pond Elementary is now using PickUp Patrol for changes to your student's end-of-day dismissal plan. You can also record; absences, late arrivals, and early dismissals using this portal.
You can access PickUp Patrol from your computer, tablet, or phone; rather than downloading from an app store, the app is delivered through the web and is available here: PickUp Patrol Portal.
To record a plan change please see the details below.
- Changes can be entered from a smartphone or computer days, weeks, or months in advance, and at any time up to 1:55 PM on the day of the change.
- After 1:55 PM, changes will not be accepted in PickUp Patrol, you will need to contact the office. Please remember; The end of the school day is a busy time, so to ensure the safety of all students, please plan accordingly and limit these exceptions to emergencies only.
- Please be sure to use the appropriate choices for plan changes:
- Bus #: this should only be the bus your student is registered to ride. We cannot place students on a friend's bus.
- Walker/Pick-Up: for those students who will walk or be picked up in a vehicle; if possible please include who is picking up.
- Boys & Girls Club: you must register with the Boys & Girls Club first.
- Hampshire Hills: you must register with Hampshire Hills first.
- Girls on the Run: Tuesdays and Thursdays only, your student should be registered first, contact the office with any questions.
- Band: for those students registered for lessons with our music teachers.
- Durham Bus: for those students registered to take this bus service.
- Absent: You can call in your student's absence or simply record it using PickUp Patrol; please ensure to leave a reason for your student's absence.
- Early Dismissal: if you choose to use PickUp Patrol for early dismissal, it is strongly recommended that you continue to send in a letter to your student teacher.